ARB Diff Cover - Defender
Click Image for Gallery
Defender - front and rear Salisbury axles
- High tensile solid nodular iron structure (tougher and harder than solid carbon steel) protects the differential and ring & pinion set from the obstacle impact hazards of competition rock crawling, or extreme off road trails.
- Computer optimized cross brace design adds more than 1300 Nm/deg (960ft-lb) of torsional rigidity to the entire axle assembly. This increased flexural strength in the housing helps keep the ring & pinion gears meshing on the flat faces of the teeth, which greatly increases ring & pinion life and overall maximum load strength.
- Carrier bearing life is prolonged, especially on high output vehicles, by the improved support given to the bearing alignment.
- Low-profile shape of the outside surface helps maximise the running gear clearance around the cover.
- Maximized approach/ departure angled exterior surfaces help to minimise rock/ obstacle hang-ups.
- High tensile cap screws (supplied with the kit) are recessed into the cover to protect them from contact with obstacles which might damage or loosen them.
- Cover is powder coated, CNC machined, then clear coated for a durable, professional, long lasting finish; hardware is zinc plated.
- Low profile drain plug design resists damage from obstacles.
- Combination of the high filler point and dipstick allows the oil to be checked for water contamination without having to drain the oil.
- Magnet location in the end of the dipstick allows the oil to be checked for tell-tale signs of internal damage.
- Top quality, high power neodymium magnets are used in both the drain plug and the dipstick to collect metallic wear particles as the vehicle moves.