ALU-CAB EXPLORER canopy for Ford Ranger
Alu-Cab started life building aluminium canopies and are still proud to be canopy specialists despite expanding their range considerably over the years.
Why aluminium? It’s stronger than fibreglass and this fully recyclable metal doesn’t rust, weather or crack. Plus, the canopies are typically lighter than steel units.
Besides the advantages of aluminium construction, the Explorer canopy has been designed for ease of use; so you can bolt on things like cupboards, ammo box slides, jerrycan and gas bottle holders. What’s more, the roof has been designed in such a way that you can bolt on a roof-top tent, you don’t need a roof rack!
Inside the canopy, the roof cross braces double as tie-down rails, as does internal base frame, so you can attach accessories to the canopy’s interior sides or roof without any drilling. Or you can use the tie-down rails as lashing points to secure your cargo.
This versatility means that it’s entirely possible to use your canopy as a workhorse during the week and an overlanding unit on the weekends and holidays. The best of both worlds!
NB: Price is for Double Cab Ford Ranger from 2012 onwards. Extra cab version is also available. (please specify at time of ordering)
- SLEEK NEW DESIGN : Canopies are CAD designed to ensure consistency & quality.
- FRAMES : 6063 aluminium extrusions.
- PANELS : 1050 aluminium sheet CNC laser-cut and bent.
- SEAM JOINTS : TIG welded
- DOORS : Centre flex hinged
- GLASS : Automotive safety glass
- WEIGHT : 62 kg
- FINISH : Side doors available in smooth or tread plate.
- REAR DOOR OPTIONS: Full width for maximum access, or square door to allow fitment of gas bottle / jerrycan holders on either side.
- FITMENT : No-drill fitment on most modern vehicles. Fitment brackets fasten to manufacturer’s load points on the load bin.
- GAS STRUTS : High quality German units from Stabilus.
- Alu-Cab Expedition rooftop tent
- Alu-Cab Shadow awning
- Bolt-on load bars or roof rack (no drilling required)
- Jerrycan holder RHS
- Gas bottle holder (3 kg gas bottle)
- Universal ammo box slide
- Alu-Cab camping table (roof-mount option)
- Universal cupboards (standard or kitted)
- Various drawer systems
- Fridge slides, water tanks and much more